Wednesday, June 29, 2016

More Info About Leroy

Hello,

Several people had talked about the need to have Leroy see a medical person sooner. This afternoon I could not handle it. I called Leroy to see how he was doing at work. He sounded tired as he frequently does these days. He also admitted to feeling a little dizzy. My impression was that the dizzy comes and goes, but he said it is there much of the time. I then asked if I should call the Dr. about getting in sooner. I did and learned that he could be seen just a few hours ahead of the scheduled appointment. I talked with the person about urgent care instead. When I called Leroy back he thought that would be ok to go to urgent care. When there he told them he was concerned about having a stroke. They immediately leaped into action. The physician on duty came in, examined him, and thought he was ok to wait until tomorrow morning, but after she called the primary care physician he recommended that Leroy go to the emergency room. The urgent care people called ahead so when Leroy got there he was seen immediately. They did a CT scan along with some examining and blood work.

I felt a little like we over reacted when they came back with the report that he was not having a stroke, but one of his nerves in not functioning correctly. He did not track when they held up some fingers. He will see the primary care person tomorrow and the expectation is that he will schedule an MRI to look at it more closely. I hope this does not get to be any more of a big deal as otherwise Leroy is health. He tells them he is perhaps closer to light headed than dizzy, but it interferes with walking sometimes and his perception of where this object position is off. I wish those glasses would come soon as that might clear up his ability to deal with the world as he sees it.

Even though we had not heard of anyone experiencing this type of thing, someone told Leroy that their son had had something similar. So it is not totally unheard of, just outside of our pool of people.


Paula

No comments: