Friday, July 1, 2016

Leroy's Progress

Hello,

Leroy woke early Thursday morning to a brief sharp stabbing pain in the top of his head. I slept peacefully. In a short time he felt as if he were having a hot flash accompanied by sweating. Not long after that his nose started to run copiously. In a bit he went back to sleep. Come morning he almost hopped out of bed. Something I had not seen for a few days. He declared, “The dizziness seems to be gone. I feel much better, but I still see double.”

The change was quite apparent as he moved around confidently. He had a Dr. appointment. When we got there it was raining. Leroy did not feel he needed the umbrella; instead he dashed to the office. I could hardly believe it. The dr. did not find too much wrong, but his right eye does not track correctly. The CT scan showed that the nerve controlling the muscle was not working. There was no stroke and no brain bleed. Yeah! Leroy will go for an MRI on Tuesday morning that might show why that nerve is not working.

We were hoping those glasses would come this week, but it seems it will not happen. Leroy still does find it tiring to track things with one eye. Also he is not comfortable driving or riding the bike. In the meantime I am doing a lot of chauffer duty.

Tomorrow I will go to work and leave him alone for the day. I know he will not stray very far.

I am planning to ride my bike to work. There is road work outside of Ely. I called city hall and learned that I should be able to walk my bike across the road or barring that, I can walk along the road for a while. It should be an adventure. The city person sounded as if they were telling the road crew that I would come, as he said, “They will be expecting you.” Do you believe such a thing? At any rate they will be pouring cement today. So perhaps I can just simply go across.


Paula

No comments: