Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bugs and leroy

Hello,

What do I have to talk about besides bugs and Leroy? Not much. I went after bugs once again last night. Another zucchini was on the dying path. Perhaps it has the worms deep in the stem that one of the neighbors talked about. I am not sure that I am ready to learn a new gardening skill that involves cutting out worms and replanting the stems. I did find a breeding bug pair that I firmly squashed. The number of egg groups seemed to be smaller. There were also not so many live small bugs around. I will go again this afternoon to keep the elimination process going.

Leroy tells me that he drove a short distance yesterday of about two miles. This is the first driving experience in five weeks. He declared that he felt uncomfortable because he felt he had to be especially on alert. I suspect he will get better and better at that and soon be zooming along like much of the rest of the crowd of drivers. At least he will not be so relaxed that he will be texting.

Leroy had the sermon last night and today. This morning at breakfast he reported that he had a bit of difficulty because he likes to look up a lot. The problem was focusing on the distance and then the near. Either today was not so bad or he had memorized more of what he wanted to say. At least I did not notice so much struggling. He used his eye patch as a pirate for the children’s sermon. He enjoys acting so he was in his element. There were also three baptisms. I was a little concerned about him carrying a baby, but it also seemed not to be a problem. Since the dizziness left, balance has not been a problem. That is so good.

I rode the bike to work yesterday. Because of the bike ride across Iowa the trail was mostly mine. I only saw one wildlife example of note and that was a blue bird which I have identified as an indigo bunting. It was quite beautiful. The predicted rain did not appear so that was also nice.


Paula

No comments: