Monday, August 1, 2016

Lawn Party

Hello,

We, along with our downstairs friends, are having a lawn party tomorrow evening. Hopefully we are sharing the costs and responsibilities. I think they might be doing more which is less acceptable to me than if I do more. Guess I do not want to be on the low end. Anyway last night Leroy and I delivered some more invitations. It was amazing how quickly we went through them as I kept thinking of more people we should invite.

It was also great to be out in the neighborhood. I spoke with a neighbor that I have not visited with before. I was very impressed with his garden which was probably about eight feet by eight feet. He told us that he had frozen about five pounds of green beans. He also had some pepper plants, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and rhubarb. At least that is all I remember. He had only had a garden for two years. Many things about a garden, given good conditions, can be a quick return on the investment of time, effort, and money.

Leroy rode the bike to work this morning. That is the first bike ride since he has had on the new film on one lens. He did not call nor did the hospital so I assume that he made it in fine shape. He went quite a bit earlier than usual. That might help the traffic situation both coming and going. About half of his ride is on the city streets.

I have not yet made myself go on the bug attack. Now that I am done with this letter I will have no more excuses. Also I do not have to go to work early because summer reading support is finished for this year. That gives me another half hour.


Paula

No comments: