Sunday, August 7, 2016

Bike To Work

Hello,

Once again I got up ready to ride in the cool morning air. It was a wonderful experience with the trail not so crowded. It is peaceful and refreshing. I only was a little sweaty when I got to work. I take with me some refreshing (according to the package) wipes that feel good. There was a steady stream of patrons, but nothing like the weekdays during the summer where it can be overwhelming. When one person needed help I said, “Let me save this so I do not lose it. Then I can remember what I was doing.”

To which she said, “I do not know how you people keep track of what you have to do because you are interrupted all the time.”

Working with frequent interruptions seems to be one of my strong points. I remember someone commenting on that in the Lyceum library where I had lots of students/staff and then quiet time and then lots of students/staff once more. Somehow that fits my personality just fine.

Leroy came down in the afternoon, watered the raised bed gardens by the library and rode home with me. It was great to have some company. The ride was much quicker and more energetic than I had felt on previous homeward journeys. The cool weather helped too.

The only downside is that somehow I came home without my work clothes. I change into bike clothes for the rides. Where did I leave those things, in the bathroom, on my desk, or some other place? Even though it is not a big thing in life, I was a little hard berating myself as I expect better.


Paula

No comments: