Saturday, August 20, 2016

Camping Summary

Hello,

True confessions! Leroy and I both took a shower, but we did not have the kids take a shower. We felt privileged just to wash their faces, hands, and feet before bed. Sometimes getting their teeth brushed twice a day took some effort. I guess they went home dirty. I hope their parents interpreted that as happy. Also in the shower neither Leroy in the men’s, nor I in the women’s could figure out how to regulate the temperature. We both found it to be rather hot. Surely that would not have been good for the kids. Excuses come to mind if I think long enough.

In our suddenly small car, we managed to stuff in chairs for everyone, but almost no one ever sat in one as we seemed to find many other interesting things to do. The most used seat was the one that Brian (or I think it was Brian) made in shop. It has no back, folds compactly and moves around easily. We also took the popcorn popper which is long handled and is for an open fire. We never used this room grabber either as our evenings slipped away without the opportunity.

Not sure that the kids thought this was a good experience the first night since we got there so late, but before we left I know they did like it. Sophia thought it would be great fun to go camping with all of our children and their families. I said, “I would like that, but I know some members of this family do not like to camp and that includes your mother.”

Her next thought was, “You should just take all the grandchildren.”

I thought that might be fun too, but I do not know how to get them all together. This living far apart makes it difficult to do these types of things. Even this trip required several hours of driving for drop off and pick up. Leroy commented, “I would like an additional adult along if we ever do such a thing.”

Logan said, “I would be the only boy.” Poor guy, perhaps he could invite a friend.

All in all a good time was had by all.


Paula

No comments: