Monday, August 15, 2016

Still in the neighborhood

Hello,

Leroy and I are still well and moving around. We have just been gone on a two night camping trip with the Minnesota grandchildren. That all seemed to require prep time, doing time, and putting away time.

I must work today so I cannot write long. I did go on the zucchini bug hunt this morning. I found not so many, but I still think it was good to have been there. I am getting less and less squeamish about smashing them with my bare fingers. One of the problems of leaving zucchini alone for a while is that they grow to great sizes. I did find four that fit the huge category. I was able to find people who would take all of them. The okra also requires picking, but I did not get that done. One person told me he wanted them to be at least six inches long. I have no idea if he got any or not, but they are certainly that length. Tomorrow they will have to be picked or they will not be good for most of the rest of us.


Paula

No comments: