Saturday, August 27, 2016

First Camping Night

Hello,

We are back at the house because Nora had a soccer game this morning. It was nice to come back and warm up in the low lands. We are not sure what the low on the mountain was, but tonight it is to be 39 degrees so we suspect it was similar. All of us were a bit cold. Tonight we will be taking back reinforcing blankets and I am going to wear a turtle neck to bed. I almost always have to go to the bathroom in the night and last night was no exception even though I had to loudly unzip the tent, put on crocks, trot down a short hill carrying an ice cold large flashlight, do my business, flush, rinse hands in ice cold water, trot back up the hill still carrying an ice cold flashlight, loudly unzip tent, put down ice cold flashlight, enter butt first so I can take off shoes, put shoes in tent, rearrange sleeping bag, pillow, and pad(that protects from the cold), work my way into the mummy bag, zip it up leaving just a slip with my nose or mouth showing, try to find comfy spot, and attempt sleep.

The camp fire this morning was the hot spot to circle around. Miriam and Andy are camping with us so it is larger group experience. This morning on the way down the mountain there were many runners who were going down. Some obviously started very early. There were also a number of bikers coming up. Now those people have my respect as they deal with the distance and the altitude. Strength is required. All we did was sit in the car and expect it to work perfectly which it did warming us nicely.


Paula

No comments: