Saturday, July 9, 2016

Zucchini

Hello,

Yesterday, after picking Leroy up at his museum job and dropping him off at the hospital so he could do his pastor job, I stopped at the community garden. I had not been there in a number of days. Leroy too had not been there for some time. I had visited with someone who told me she was checking on the zucchini. Her back must have been turned because there were fifteen green things that were ranged from about medium to large. Thank goodness they were not enormous yet.

I was grateful to be in the car as I usually walk this half mile. I could not have carried this load along with the one very large beet and one more normal sized beet. I did pick quite a bit of lettuce as well.

On the way home I spotted a person on their porch. They took one zucchini even though they did not know much about them. Can you imagine living in Iowa and not knowing about zucchini? The next person said she liked them a lot and she took three.

My downstairs friend took some and Leroy shared the rest with close neighbors who all seemed quite pleased to get them. I kept two for myself.

This morning when I was out my neighbor who lives a block away and has me check out his garden when he sees me go by, waved and came over to have a little garden chat. It fits a bit uncomfortably on my shoulders, but he seems to feel I know what I am talking about. He asks advice from me. I just hope his things do well.


Paula

No comments: