Friday, July 22, 2016

Bug Killing

Hello,

 I went on a bug killing mission again this afternoon. I employed my learned skills whether they were correct or not. I looked all over the plants and only found two adults that I promptly killed. One of those adults was a female in the process of laying eggs. The number of egg patches surprised me since I saw so few adults. Most of those egg patches I tore off part of the leaf as I threw them on the ground and bore done hard with my swirling foot. Hopefully that was adequate to eliminate them. I did spray some of the eggs with soap, but could not remember if that was to work or not. At any rate most I just tore off. Then there were some youngsters that were newly hatched or hatching. Those got the full spray treatment and died almost immediately of suffocation. Who knew this could be so satisfying. I am sad to report that one plant has died. Wondering if I used too much spray on it, or if the bugs were too infested in it? I have great hopes that it will not be joined by many others.

We with our downstairs friends are planning a block party again. The idea is simple we just provide watermelon and something to drink along with great conversation and a place to sit. When it was announced at the neighborhood meeting someone there thought we should invite the entire neighborhood. I guess we are doing that with a little bit of anxiety on my part, but I know that everyone seldom comes to anything. In fact that would be an amazing result. So it will surely be a size of group that we can handle.


Paula

No comments: