Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Sweating

Hello,

After I had hung out the clothes, I walked off to deliver the neighborhood newsletter. The humidity was quite noticeable and the sun was hot. I had on a UV long sleeved shirt along with the new UV hat that weighs only a few ounces, and some crop pants. All of that was so I did not have to slather on sunscreen. It was not long before I was sweating.

On the way home I stopped to see a humming bird nest that was posted on FB. Unfortunately I could not find that small thing. The person who lived there came out because she and her husband had noticed my hat. I have had other comments on it. Guess I am just a fashion plate. I was going to have Leroy take a picture of me in both of my UV hats, but we just do not get that done.

The other day when I was passing out zucchini to a neighbor, she commented, “There was a sweet lady the other day who dropped off some radishes. The radishes were woody, but that is ok because she was such a nice person.”

I felt like Tom and Huck going to their own funeral to hear the good things people might say about them. I left those radishes even if they were woody, it was ok. In response to her comments I just gave some non committal hmms. It was a little embarrassing.

Guess I looked different without my hat and because I was driving a car when I delivered the zucchini.


Paula

No comments: