Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Searching for bugs

Hello,

I searched this morning for bugs. I did not find a single adult, but that makes me wonder because I did find some newly hatched as well as some caches of eggs. Did I miss some adults yesterday? I must have. I know more about where squash bugs like to lay their eggs, but not so much about where the adults hang out. I also feel that I have become quite familiar with the zucchini plant leaves. I even feel that I could recognize some of them in a line up.

I weeded for a while, but did not spend too much time. Leroy told me to take it easy in the garden. Do you think he feels guilty because I am putting in so much time? It has added up to six hours since Friday.  Sometimes I feel guilty because he spends so much time there.

For most of the day I have been sitting in air conditioned comfort even though I believe it is not as hot out as it has been. Because I work tomorrow I will go back to the garden tonight to have another go at those bugs. These bugs are capable of laying quite a number of eggs at one time so it does not pay to relax ones guard.

Leroy has talked about weeding tomorrow night. So we might both go at that time. He also tells me that he envies me because I have two days off in a row. I am not sure how to solve, in fact I cannot solve, his schedule that is all over the place. Personally I think he should take off more time on other days than the weekend since he works enough on the weekend. It does not seem to happen. Something always needs to be done according to Leroy.


Paula

No comments: