Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Bike to Work

Hello,

Last Saturday I biked to work. There is road construction. Friday, I called city hall to learn if I would be able to cross the road. They said cement was poured about then and it should be ok for me to take my bike across in the morning. This comment was even added, “They will be looking for you.” Just what that meant, I do not know as I never saw a worker, perhaps I misunderstood.

I met a bicyclist just before I got to the road and asked how it was crossing it. He said, “It is not bad, but you do have to go around some barriers. The worst is that there is a string that you will have to lift your bike over.”

It was just as he said. I had to get my bike on the cement which was about as high as my knees. But that was easy as I could do one wheel at a time. The string was a bit more demanding because I had to lift my entire bike over it at once as it was too high to stop in the middle, but I made it. Great to get to work and relax!

At the end of the day I mentally flexed my muscles anticipating the great bench press. However when I got to the road I found no string and there was a gravel ramp up to the cement so I did not have to get off my bike. Such a breeze.

On the way home I met few bikes, but saw many rabbits. This seemed to be their favorite place to hang out. There were also lots of chipmunks and just a few geese. The most exciting thing was as I came down a hill and turned a corner I spotted a large wild turkey about five feet off the trail. That was a bit exciting as I have not seen very many of them and certainly never this close. Life is full of surprises.


Paula

No comments: