Monday, May 23, 2016

Parking Cars

Hello,

Our garage is a two car garage that is divided into two spaces with a pole between and separate doors. Because it is only about two feet from the alley, it takes a bit of skill to make the curve and go up a little incline. Over the four years both Leroy and I have managed to master this art and be quite proficient.

A week or so ago our neighbor across the alley had a dumpster in their parking area. This was an area that either Leroy or I felt compelled to use in order to make this garage park work. I did talk to our neighbors once apologizing for using some of their gravel ground. The man said, “I don’t think you can get in if you do not have this space too.”

We could get in, but it takes much more backing and turning. I was feeling quite proud of my ability to get in the garage with that dumpster there as it seriously cut into my turning room. Then I drove the new car. I will have to confess that I almost think about getting a newer car for me because it does handle better, has better gas mileage, and the radio sounds better. But we think when we retire we do not need two cars so I do not want to buy one only to get rid of one in the near future. Well putting this new car in the garage was trickier than I realized. I cannot see the front end so I do not really know where it is. The mirror on the right side of the car was less than an inch from the center garage support when I glanced that direction. I gulped and inched on. The car was in, but as I straightened it I gave Leroy a compliment in my mind for managing all this without complaining. I did not know how the car would ever get out of the garage, but hoped Leroy could manage. He did not drive the car, but I did yesterday. I folded the side mirror into the car and backed out carefully without problem. Thanks and praises to the person who invented that mirror moving possibility.


Paula

No comments: