Friday, May 6, 2016

Lonely

Hello,

I was feeling rather lonely. Missing my sister because I called her frequently especially when I just needed to talk to someone. Earlier in the week, I was talking to someone about a recipe and wanted to check with her about Mom making a similar item. I suppose I could have called my brother, but I do not think he would have had the answer.

After feeling a bit sorry for me, the phone rang. It was someone that I know by name only. She has been working with Leroy about getting a pickup load of compost from the city compost pile. She had planned to keep it in her pickup until Sunday afternoon when Leroy would have time to help her unload it. She mostly unloaded it by herself because it was so heavy that she was afraid to leave it in the truck. One of the near neighbors saw her and helped as did her husband at the end. We talked garden for a while. By the time the conversation was over I felt uplifted and gratified with the generosity of others. What a wonderful place the world can be. She had not worked in the garden before or taken anything from it. It sounds like especially after this huge contribution she might feel like being more active. New people are always just around the corner.

One thing that contributed to my lonely feeling was going shopping. I would like to get another pair of black dress pants. It would have been helpful to have some good shopping eye and advice from a trusted person who could tell me what is in style, what looks good, and what type of shoes I need to wear with it. I still cannot imagine anyone enjoying shopping. It all seems like an uphill climb to me without the distracting great views of walking up the mountain.


Paula

No comments: