Friday, May 20, 2016

Life's Challenges and Gifts

Hello,

Leroy planted in the community garden both Monday and Tuesday evenings. I joined him Tuesday. Another woman helped both nights and one other person was there Monday and another on Tuesday. This garden is quite a large space. We always hope for a greater response than we seem to get. I often wish the garden were right next door to my house so that I could more easily go out and spend ten minutes here and ten minutes there. I have to believe that it will all get planted as it has in the past. This year one guy who supplies most of our tomato plants said that most of his green house plants died in one of the last cold spells. That is disappointing because he gave us unusual varieties, many of which were heirloom. It was always fun to taste something new, or perhaps I should say old.

Two of my yoga participants gave me a gift certificate at a local coffee shop. I have now learned that the shop will be closing at the end of the month. I had deliberately saved that certificate so Leroy and I could go there when we rode our bikes to Ely. Tomorrow we are planning a little car trip so we will swing down that way and use it then. Somehow that does not fit my idea of the ideal time to use it.

Leroy set the timer on the microwave, walked off, and did his thing. I came in as the timer was going off, opened the oven, to find nothing in there except the spatter cover that looked quite bubbly odd upside down on the glass tray. I could not get it to come off. When I told Leroy about it he said he had set the timer, but must have turned on the oven instead. When things cooled I could remove the cover. I contacted the company. They informed me that it was ok to use as long as there was still the center hole. I am now using this unique spatter cover.

Lightening bugs are flashing for the warm weather. I like looking at them. For some reason I especially remember them when we would go to the fireworks on the fourth of July. That is just a nice little gift.


Paula

No comments: