Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Zooming Along

Hello,

Zooming along home after Tai Chi, I approached the ramp to get on the interstate. Many cars were coming down the ramp to either get on the highway I was on or to stay in place and get on the interstate. I saw an open place, decided I needed to speed up to about 65 (I have no sure knowledge of the speed limit here because I get on without seeing a sign.) to get in the open spot ahead of a car coming down slightly ahead of me. They did not have on a turn signal so I thought they were staying in place. As I approached their bumper, within seconds they were in my lane directly in front of me going about 35-40 mph. I used my brakes hoping the person behind me was also paying attention to what had happened. I was grateful for brakes that work, that I had not been distracted, and that I could still get onto the ramp. I know that some people would have blown their horn. I have to confess that I never use the horn. I actually think it is rather impolite considering the manner in which many people use them. It seems to me they want to make a statement of disgust rather than warn people of danger. I would have to search to find it even, or at least give it some serious thought as to the location.

As I merged onto the interstate I have my own lane and a semi pulled up just beside me. The car behind me wanted to exceed the speed limit. I am reading body language. They pulled up almost on my bumper. I was going the speed limit and because I was in the far right lane thought I have to have at least one lane in which is it fine to obey the law. After a bit the car dropped back went in back of the truck and then moved on over to the far left lane.

I am grateful to be home and safe. I will make the trip again this afternoon when I go to work. I will pray for myself and the people around me.


Paula

No comments: