Thursday, December 31, 2015

Library party

Hello,

Leroy and I are quiet at home. I am satisfied and contented with that. I worked today from 8:00am to 1:00pm. The yoga group was fairly small, but the rest of the day was large with people. It was just a bit of steady work in the morning while my co-worker got ready for the “Noon Year’s Eve Party. I learned that over 80 people had signed up. There was a definite push in the air to get everything ready for so many people.

At noon a few people came. It was manageable that they keep coming in rather small groups. Some of the signees did not come, but there were still 72 people who participated. I really had nothing to do with the party; however I was busy at the desk, checking in books, checking out books, getting computer passes, and generally answering any questions that anyone had.

I managed to finish my own lunch by 1:30pm. That meant I left my apple for when I work on Saturday. I was not done working until after 2:00. At which time the doors were locked. I started cleaning up and watering plants. It was at least 2:30 by the time I left. In a small town the library becomes the hub of the community. The importance is not to be ignored.

For some reason I had trouble remembering which month I was taking about when telling due dates. The year seemed to come with much more ease. Perhaps it was because I had worked hard to think about 2016 coming tomorrow when the library will be closed. Consequently we had a number of people who dashed in to get books or movies so they would have some when we are not open.

How nice to be needed.


Paula

No comments: