Friday, December 18, 2015

My List

Hello,

It only works to make a list, if after you cannot remember what you needed, you look at the list. A part of me thought I was remembering it all, but when I got home I found that I had not gotten three things. I suppose I will have to make another trip. One good thing the stores are only about two miles away, but I still have a hard time giving myself permission to make unnecessary jaunts. They would have been unnecessary if I had gotten it all in the first place.

I am still looking for a love seat. I thought I found one at a second hand store. Leroy, when I called, said he would go with me tonight to look at it and measure it so see if it would fit in the stairwell. I have also thought some more about a futon because we could take it upstairs in pieces and put it together up here. I am not so attracted to the idea of a futon, but it just might be the thing for this space. Someone could even sleep on it and that is a plus. It would be comfortable wouldn’t it? Futons do not have a good reputation in my mind. Hopefully they have been improved.

Leroy had not been home more than five minutes before he talked about not feeling good. Probably half an hour later we knew we would be going nowhere as his stomach was rejecting everything that was in it. He has expelled the contents three or four times now. We are both hoping that it will be empty soon.

Tomorrow he will once again be home. Then I will have no excuses for not getting the Christmas letters sent as there will be few outside trips. I have this urge to say on all of the cards that I have some nice Christmas paper, but we could not figure out how to make the margins work. However, I will probably say no such thing, even though I wonder, “What will people think?” about this letter on plain paper with no card. Maybe I should go get some cards? But it seems too late now.


Paula

No comments: