Monday, December 21, 2015

Taking Care of things

Hello,

Leroy laid quite low on Saturday, reading, sleeping, watching TV and talking about being out and about. Sunday morning he got dressed, ate breakfast, and said, “I do not think I can walk to church. I am so tired now.”

I convinced him to stay home, not that it took much effort. The choir was singing a special selection, but he decided they could do it without his help,

He was still being quiet when I got home.  Later in the afternoon we did make a short trip in the car. He was ok with that but glad to come home and take a nap.

Today, Monday, he was talking about whether he should ride the bike to work or drive. When I glanced out the window and raindrops were visible in the puddle by the street light, it was decided that driving was the proper choice.

I am proud of myself for calling, you know me and phone calls, the Dr. Office about a co pay that I was charged. I did find the receipt that shows I paid it when the visit was made. Now I have written down this conversation and the date. I even over paid so they will send me a refund.

In searching through a drawer looking for the stapler, I found another key for the car we sold. There were plenty of keys to pass along so I think this one can be safely disposed of in one way or another. Is such a thing recyclable? When we got the new car the dealer commented that sometimes people lose a key. Because the new type of key is so expensive to replace, they have sold used cars with only one key available. Back in the good old days they were just a trip to the hardware store and a dollar to replace. It was nice to have a spare key in case I locked the key in the car. Luckily I have seldom done that. In the two times it happened, Leroy came and rescued me.


Paula

No comments: