Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas is coming

Hello,

Even though I do not feel so involved in many things, my days are full. We had a Holiday open house for the city workers, library board, and friends of the library. It was great to visit with people.

Last night a dear friend asked if we would want to ticket take for a vocal concert. It was great to attend and the job did not detract at all from the whole experience. Later this week, Leroy’s work will have a party. Then this week at church, there is lunch in the loft. I will try to attend this week. The organist and his equally talented wife will give a concert. People tell me it is very good. I do not work on Wednesday so I have no excuse but that I have forgotten about it in the past.

Leroy and I are composing a more traditional Christmas letter with each of us contributing to that. We might be done but editing might tell a different story. I have addressed about a third of the envelopes. When Leroy comes home from the nursing home service we intend to put up the Christmas decorations.

Our microwave seems to heat less and less. We looked at some in the stores yesterday. Leroy is sure we should get it before the “kids” come for Christmas. Now it takes about twice the usual time. Is such a thing fixable? I dislike our throw-away culture.

I am also thinking that I would like a loveseat up here, but do not really have time to look for one that would fit up the stairs. We have talked about getting a futon. At least they seem to be made to go into smaller spaces. As it is, we only have four chairs to sit on in the living room. Leroy even wonders about an inflatable couch we have seen somewhere. I am not so attached to that idea. We will manage.


Paula

No comments: