Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Microwave purchased

Hello,

The new microwave is purchased and upstairs. We live upstairs so that is good. The old is still being used for the moment. I thought when Leroy is available later tonight we will take it out of the box and figure out what to do with the old. Leroy called me at work yesterday to tell me that he, at the end of his calling on someone, was close to a store. He checked and their price was lower than online or any price we have seen. The only catch was that the brand and model we want was on a truck to be delivered to them. They would put our name on it, if it indeed came. I was to call before I went to get it in case it had not come. I did run a couple errands in the morning. Since I had no clue when the truck would come and I hate to make phone calls, I did not call until late in the morning. The machine was indeed there, but I would need to pick it up in 24 hours because we had not paid for it. I did go after a lunch in the loft concert at church. Course I walked to church and back. I can say that it was blustery. The concert was nice, but I found myself struggling to pay attention to the music at all moments even though it was beautiful. After I came home, in spite of not eating, I went to pick it up because I needed to be home to finish making bread. All it had on it was “customer Paula”. I claimed it, brought it home, gathered strength and carried it up stairs.

I also made granola this morning as well as a fruit salad for the party we are going to. This gathering is of the people who work at the museum. I have to gather a bit of strength to attend that as it seems to me it is like a party where I know only a few people.

After we leave there, we will go to church to choir practice as it is not to be missed. We are singing a rather difficult, extensive, selection this Sunday. Leroy tells me that he has learned a lot. I have to admit that I do not know how he manages without having had some musical training which would help him read the notes. It is surely a good challenge for his brain.


Paula

No comments: