Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Shoveling Snow

Hello,

Leroy went out early this morning to clear the snow in front of our garage. It is not a long distance, but he declared it much work as the snow had piled up against the door creating a little drift that packed together. “It was like shoveling rocks,” he declared when he came in breathless, but warm from exertion.

He also did a path to the compost bin as we go there almost every day. I went out later and carved a path to the front of the house. It was not drifted, but still rather heavy and difficult to get up as it was stuck to the sidewalk in many places. My dad’s scoop shovel worked the best. When I had gotten to the front a guy with a small snow blower offered to clear the front for $10. I asked my landlord if he would like to do that. He agreed when I told him, “It is a heavy difficult snow.”

Usually I like to do it, but not this time. I figured that I had already had my aerobic workout. My heart should be in good shape. Maybe the next storm I will be more comfortable with.

Miriam gifted me with a carry on suitcase. Today I brought out my one legged wonder and replaced it with the new. After some searching, I found the luggage tag that I had removed and put in a safe place, where? Now I am ready for that trip to any destination. I still have a hard time believing that I have been on a plane so often and mostly think nothing of it. I was in my forties before I ever flew on a commercial plane. Once in high school I did go up in a plane that seated four and flew over the farm. I suppose that was more like real flying. It was a treat to see the farm from the air. Now I wonder how we could get there faster as most of the time in the air there is not such an interesting view.


Paula

No comments: