Saturday, December 19, 2015

Leroy is better

Hello,

Leroy had a peaceful night and so did I. It was blissful. We think it must have been something he ate. There was some food sitting out at the museum. Because his lunch was packed in our usual almost pristine conditions it should not have been the problem. He tells me that he is still a little tired.

I am hoping he will be able to help me a small amount with the Christmas cards. My goal is to finish them this weekend. I have some of the envelope addressed. That makes it feel a little less daunting. True confession, I write more personal notes on the first letters and run out of vive as I go along. After mid morning snack I will tackle it in reality instead of just in my mind. That should help.

I have done a load of laundry this morning so there is nothing left that Leroy got dirty. Aren’t we lucky that we have a washing machine in our apartment, or that there is a washing machine at all in our culture. I would not be anxious to beat them on the rocks. Also I remember my mother heating wash water before we got the water heater. We also had a wringer washer that was out on the porch. There was a dramatic difference between the cold air and the hot water. Mom used an old broom handle to snag the items in the first load because the water was too hot for comfort. It was a more earth friendly way to wash as that water was used for many loads with dish towels being in the first load and my dad’s overalls being in the last when the water had turned a different color.

I am happy to have a water saving machine even though it does not meet the standard of my childhood.


Paula

No comments: