Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Traveling And Back

Hello,

One sad thing about traveling east, my carryon bag lost a leg. It did not have those 360 degree wheels so it was propped on two wheels and two legs when stopped. It only fell over two times before I realized what had happened. It also has a seam that had been sewed so I suppose it is time to retire it, but that means I must find something to replace it. Will I live long enough to get the full value out of an expensive bag or should I just go for cheap?

On the return flight we took the earliest metro train easily arriving a bit more than an hour ahead of time. This trip we had to do the full shoes, coat, belt off retinue which included the hand check. Something is put on your hands and they scan that. Leroy’s hands set off the alarm. Once again they went through his bag, more thoroughly than had been done on the first trip. I waited patiently off to the side. They asked him to step to the side and out of my sight. That wait was at least ten minutes, long enough that I was wondering if we got close to flight time, should I just get on the plane so we did not have to buy two new tickets.

“What took so long?” I wondered.

“They did a more serious pat down and the rules require two people to be present. It was a long wait for the other guy.” he told me.

“I asked what set it off.” Leroy said, “They did not know, sometimes it is perfume, soap, or other things that might be on your hands.”

In Detroit we had to wait at least an hour and a half longer than expected because they were waiting on a plane from MN. Still it was ok, but I decided not to go into work. Back home, we used the city bus in CR. It was quite full by the time we got downtown. I was pleased to see that. Yeah for public transportation!


Paula

No comments: