Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Life as Usual

Hello,

I told Leroy last night I wanted to change the desks back to their original spots. He said, “We could do it tomorrow morning or I would have time on Saturday.”

This morning, we hopped out of bed again, got things off the desk, and quickly moved them. I told Leroy I could handle putting back the rest of the things. I am happier now. I even managed to sort through some papers and get rid of two. Now that is progress.

I forgot to buy peanuts when shopping last time. That is my favorite snack. Leroy also seems to like them. I have felt a bit of sadness each time I wanted some and remembered that there were none in the house. I did have a few to take to work and I guarded them. Last night at work I ate the last of them. Luckily Leroy thought of them as he was traveling around close to a store. He brought some home. I just made my mixture of peanuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds. It was so satisfying to munch on some of them. I now know that if I were addicted to some substance that was harmful to me or others, I would have a terrible time stopping. The lack of peanuts in the house became bigger and bigger in my mind as the week progressed. Leroy too mentioned them several times.

We got Miriam’s ten year old microwave last summer. For some reason that machine takes a long time to cook or heat anything. After pushing every button on the face of it, we are once again talking about the search process and what do we want in a new one. But such is life something is always wearing out. Just so it is not Leroy or I we can replace it with comparative ease.

Paula

Today is my sister’s birthday. I find myself having a bit of a hard time when remembering that. It is also Miriam’s birthday and that still gives joy.

No comments: