Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Visit

Hello,

We had a nice time hosting Miriam’s family. They arrived a bit later than expected because they had to circle the lake in Chicago before the plane could land. Then the rental car had a warning ding for a seat belt that supposedly was not fastened when all were secure. Andy declared he was not going to travel in a car for hours with a ding. A new car was procured and off they drove into tornado warnings when they got to Iowa. That meant taking shelter in a gas station bathroom. In spite of that Miriam came in time to join us for choir practice. She then sang with the choir on Christmas Eve.

We made ravioli, but not as successfully as we had in DC. We had this in the crock pot too long and it was a bit over done on the bottom, still edible, but not superb.

The day after Christmas we met my brother and his wife about half way between our homes. It was good to see him again. I am not sure why, but I seem to have gotten the only thinning hair gene in the family. Why do you suppose that is? Did I catch it from Leroy?

Miriam and family left yesterday to spend some time with Andy’s family and to visit with Brian and family. They had planned to leave today. The latest technology allowed them to see the prediction of more snow/rain than they wanted to drive in. I am happy that I did not have to worry about them. This morning it was most uninviting for travel with snow, sleet, and more snow. I have not gone out much, but I should because I like seeing the soft look of it. The wind is not as friendly as it blows snow off the roof in a funnel shape. I have never seen anything quite like it. Leroy shoveled some, but said it was so heavy that he got tired very quickly.

Leroy is working at the church tomorrow consequently he can walk. I do not go to work until afternoon so hopefully all will be clear or at least passable by that time.


Paula

No comments: