Wednesday, December 30, 2015

More Shoveling, chopping

Hello,

When the sun came out a little I went out in the afternoon to tackle some of the ice that was in front of the garage and on the sidewalk. I made a bit of progress by the garage, but only on my side I habitually reverse out of. Leroy did not seem so concerned about it so it just ignored that other side. The sidewalk had several places that were chunks of ice with no pavement visible below. With the ice chopper I was able to break most of those up and remove them. I worked for an hour, but could not manage any more. Leroy tells me that an hour is quite a long time for that hard work of banging on the cement. I was pleased to see pavement for clear walking in at least a path for the entire sidewalk.

If I were home again tomorrow, I might tackle the space in front of the other garage door. I should be home by 2:00 so I suppose there is no excuse. I get finished with work at 1:00, but I need to water plants after that. I would also like to get a haircut. The hair needs it right now, but there may not be time until next week to tend to that.

I am reading, My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira. It captured my attention, but it has a lot of words. I need to finish it by Sunday when we meet for bookclub. As usual I leave it until close to the end so I can remember what I read. I am pleased to read about the US Civil War because my HS history teacher was so interested in it and impressed many of the facts on my mind. Enthusiasm in teachers goes a long way in leading students to learning. Generally I have paid little attention to history.

My brother-in-law is coming to visit on Friday. This week is going fast with company, storm, and more company. Our lives are rather quiet much of the time. This is good.


Paula

No comments: