Sunday, December 6, 2015

Good Day

Hello,

We had a nice day yesterday. First we drove about an hour and a half to visit my one aunt who is still alive. She is 90 years old, still quite sharp, quite talkative, and moves right along with a walker. She might not have been able to keep up with Leroy, but she set a good pace. It sounded to me like she tries to walk more than a mile a day. I learned a little family history that I had never heard before. We took her out to lunch about which she said, “It was great to get out.” She still has a car and still drives, but I gathered her outings are limited.

Leroy and I always seem to have a little tiff in the car about directions. Does that mean we should only go places when we know where we are going? We did use the GPS, but did not agree at one point with this neutral sounding lady. It turned out that she did direct us the wrong way once.

After visiting with my aunt we went to a Christmas concert at a college in the area. I enjoyed the program and the chance to visit with another couple who had been at the seminary when we were there. Plus we got dessert from the college. I had some rice pudding. It is something I like, but never make. Now I suppose it is because Leroy does not do well with things made from milk. Or perhaps he does not like rice pudding.

We had planned to go to another concert in the evening, but we arrived home at only an hour before the concert started and we could not extricate ourselves from the house one more time.

Leroy has gotten himself a tablet as well. He wanted to explore the possibilities in that some. Now we have a laptop and two tablets. Is that getting to be too much?

I was trying to read a book for book club. At the meeting today I still had 100 pages to go, but I only started after we got back from DC. I thought the book was good, In the Time of Butterflies by Julia Alvarez. I certainly learned a bit of history of the Dominican Republic that I had no clue about.

Paula



No comments: