Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Miriam's Family is Coming

Hello,

I have gone to the grocery store twice today. Do you think that is enough? I do! The rest of the world eats differently so I have to make a lot of guesses as to what would be appreciated. I am now at the point of saying if it is not right, too bad. Eat it anyway!

The “green thing” has been gathered from our landlords as have deck chair cushions. That should make for some soft sleeping places. We have borrowed and borrowed this green thing for all grandchildren visits. I think it was a fold up type of chair at one time in its life. It is quite thick so is comfortable for them to sleep on.

I also retrieved sheets and blankets. I had given away a blanket this summer when our neighbor was sleeping in the car. I was happy to learn that I still had two left, one for each girl. I offered the sleeping bags, but they preferred blankets. Aren’t mobile phones wonderful so we can make plans while they are driving in the middle of Illinois?

Now I have to write down the menus that are floating around in my mind. I know I should have made menus, a shopping list, and then shopped.  I am doing it backwards. Hoping that will work too.

Oh yes, I should clean the bathroom. Do you think there could be another task or two that I have forgotten? I am trying hard to forget so I do not work too hard.

Tomorrow Miriam’s family is visiting a friend while I am at work. Leroy will be working all day so I am not concerned about him and any plans. Leroy, before he knew anyone would be here for Christmas, signed up to work a lot as other people wanted time off.

If I do not write again until after Christmas, I must wish you all the blessings that Christmas and contemplation can bring into your life.


Paula

No comments: