Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

Hello,

Before we got out of bed Leroy asked what we would plan for this year. At that moment I was not in the mood for such deep thinking so I brushed it off. He told me he had been awake for a while. Guess that gave him time to think.

Generally we do not do resolutions, but perhaps we should this year, but what would that be?

We are having a quiet morning as we wait for Gerald, brother-in-law, to come this afternoon. Leroy watched the Rose parade some, but since I am not watching he mostly flipped channels and went back to reading. I am not sure why, but I do not enjoy watching it too much. I get fidgety.  Even though, growing up, it was a big deal to go to Aunt Gladys’ and watch on their TV since we did not have a TV until I was in 6th grade. Neither of us watches sports events. I am not sure if “the game” is on regular TV or not. I think it is remarkable that I know that local team is playing. Gerald might like to see that, but I do not think we can oblige as we have no cable available.

We will have the rest of our ravioli for supper. It is great to have something already planned out. I am also making bread. Now what can we have for dessert? Something or nothing as usual?

Leroy is out chipping away at some of the ice on the sidewalk that leads to the compost bin. It was too hard from me when I tried earlier. The sun has been out a bit now.  It is truly amazing how much deep, dark shade is produced by one leafless tree in the winter time. The rest of the sidewalk gets sun so it is easy to remove the ice, but here the ice is cared for as if it is of great value.

It is a beautiful cool sunny day. Nice way to start the New Year.


Paula

No comments: