Sunday, January 17, 2016

On the Mend

Hello,

I am on the mend. I did not do a lot yesterday, but annoy Leroy and take a nap after washing two loads of clothes.

Friday afternoon Leroy started to be bothered in his stomach. It was painful. In the night he got up, went to the toilet, started to feel that he might throw up, moved to get on his knees in front of the toilet and fainted. Hearing the big bang, I got out of bed and started calling, “Leroy where are you?”

He did not reply. I saw the outline of him on the bathroom floor. I then did something stupid, I moved his head. I know better, but… He responded in a little bit, seemed confused for a short while, and was quite exhausted. We discussed the possibility of a hospital visit, but he said he was ok. In a bit he went back to bed and slept the rest of the night. I kept checking on him from time to time. Saturday he seemed much better than he had. This morning he announced, “I think I am getting over all this, but I will stay home today.” If it is viral he still has a couple days, but he looks so much like normal, but with a bit of a stuffed head.

I checked the temperature this morning (-9), the neighbor’s flags (gently waving in the breeze), put on my down coat, head covering, wind breaker pants, wool socks, boots, and headed off for the mile walk to church. It seemed much nicer than it had the last cold Sunday. I bundled up to come home and because my angle had changed noticed the wind a bit more, but it still was not bad. Love my down coat and good head gear. Oh and those old 20 year old windbreaker pants are just a great barrier. After I got home I saw that there had been an announcement that because of the wind chill, people were to use their judgment about coming to church. I was quite surprised. It did not seem that bad to me. I still remember when I subbed in the MN schools. The rule was that they did not cancel outdoor activities for JH and SH until it got below -10. Wonder if that still applies?


Paula

No comments: