Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Learning New Things

Hello,

Our bank has changed the way that I can pay bills by transferring money. For some reason it is hard for me to click all the buttons. I usually think I am done because I have not scrolled down the page far enough to see another button. Maybe soon I will learn this new skill.

Yesterday I went to work even though I should not have been there because I work on Saturday this week. At least I do not do that very often, maybe even never before. I did not look at the schedule because I thought I knew what I was doing. I had already worked a Saturday this month, but there are five Saturdays. Apparently it does not take much to get me off track.

Leroy and I are applying for long term care insurance, but not sure we will go ahead and do this. They have called us to give us the “quiz” to learn our mental abilities. Part of me does not care if we cannot get it at a good rate and part of me wants to do the best that anyone my age can do. One of the hard questions was today’s date. I was right on that, but without looking at a calendar it was a bit unnerving. The person also asked if anyone helped us with our finances I said no, but should I have said I need it considering my button clicking skills listed above?

I was able to repeat back to her seven of the ten words that she had given to me earlier in the conversation, or did I say six and duplicate one of them. Am I going downhill or was I ever any good at this?

There is always the question will we need this? That is the gamble. The future is a misty tunnel. It is fine not to know, but this is a rather expensive choice in either direction. I dislike throwing money away, but if it is needed…


Paula

No comments: