Friday, January 29, 2016

Happy Birthday Leroy!

Hello,

It is not really Leroy’s birthday, but we had a little impromptu celebration anyway. Before I set off for shopping I moaned to Leroy that I had not gotten him a gift and I did not know what to get him. Last night he had talked about getting the entire set of US stamps for 2014. I suggested he just get it and it would be my gift to him. He did not seem happy with that, probably because it was not a surprise and I had really nothing to do with it but talk about it.

This morning I headed out to shop hoping to see something that would seem like the right thing. First I got a pair of gloves and a pair of mittens because he likes both. He has been complaining that his gloves are getting quite worn. He likes the warmest he can find. These might not live up to his high standards, but they were as good as I could do at the moment. Then I found a zippered cardigan sweater that was in his size. He likes to have such at work so he can add an extra layer if needed. Because he has two work places and only one zippered sweater, it was filling a need. This rust color will go with quite a few of his clothes. Even if it does not he will wear it if he is cold and needs it. Then I found a pair of warm lounge pants because his last pair has a hole in it. The last item was the game, Sequence, that we do not own, but I have played and liked. I think Leroy has played it too, but he did not remember it.

We will be at Brian’s house for his birthday. I told him I would like to open his gifts before we go. He agreed and said, “How about now?”

So this birthday deal surprised both of us. It was fun! He seemed to be quite pleased with everything and it all fit. What more could he want? Nothing has to be returned, unlike his Christmas gifts.

No birthday sweet treat, but an amazing veggie mixture that tasted quite good along with some zucchini fritters from Robin.


Paula

No comments: