Monday, January 25, 2016

Community Garden

Hello,

Saturday we met with two other neighbors about the community garden. They have not been involved in the past. One of the problems is that they know little to nothing about gardening. They are eager to learn and involve others. We are hopeful that this will bring more people on board both in learning about the garden process and in the harvesting times and what to do with the produce. What a great thing when more people express an interest in something that is so basic to life. I am often reminded of going to Russia in 1997 and seeing many patches of dirt supporting cabbages and onions. We are so wasteful of our land, growing grass instead of food for people, or even allowing people to grow food almost any dirt that they have available to them. Beauty or a certain standard of beauty rules.

Yesterday I helped Leroy return his eBook to the library. This was something that the CR library person had been unable to do. I have to admit that it was mostly serendipitous rather than solid knowledge. My method was not how to do it according to the help prompt with the software. Whoever wrote that software was half asleep?

Later Leroy helped me with the laptop because I was complaining about the cursor going to odd parts of the page when writing this letter. He thought the problem was that I was touching the touch pad and causing it to respond to that touch. So far it has been good. The only problem is that I will not really know if it is fixed until I have used it for several days without mishap. I suppose that fits in the prevention area of life. It is hard to know if prevention works without out doing a serious scientific test. For now I thank Leroy because it has not happened once in the interval since we changed the response time.

Good that we can help each other with life’s little fixes.


Paula

No comments: