Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Losing Our Minds?

Hello,

Leroy thinks he is not with it half the time. Course I do not think he is much different than I am. Is that one of the great values of growing old together?

Today I decided to do some dusting because I had not done that for a while. I got out two cloths because they were lying together. From time to time I used one or the other just so neither would feel neglected. Now I cannot locate one of the cloths. Where can it be? I have searched in every logical and illogical place. I stopped and made the bed in the middle of this activity. Do you suppose I put it in the bed and very carefully tucked it away?

Every morning, to start the day, Leroy and I have a cup of lukewarm water with apple cider vinegar and raw honey. Years ago we knew a guy who did this. At the time we thought he was a little crazy, but when we saw what good shape he was in, we decided to replicate his “tonic”. This morning I heated water just a little to take the edge off, but not destroy the great properties of raw honey. Without using all brain cells I put it in the pot the make steel cut oats. After a bit I was wondering why it was taking so long for the water to get hot. Usually I put boiling water in the pot.

At night we close all the registers because we like to sleep in a cool or even cold space. Last night I asked Leroy if he had closed all of the registers. He said yes, but this morning I found one to have been left open. He thought he had closed it, but the evidence was clear.

None of these things are a big deal, but we certainly hope we keep our wits about us when we drive. I was on alert when I came home last night in the snow flurries. Leroy asked if it was slippery. “I did not test it out, but drove slow.” I answered.

Just a point passing though my mind. How is it that when I clear the snow off the back window of this car it seems to almost immediately get covered again so that I cannot see the traffic behind me? At least at night people have their lights on and I get some clues from that.


Paula

No comments: