Monday, January 4, 2016

Visitor and Visiting

Hello,

We had a nice visit with Gerald. He did not want to see any football in particular and none was fine with him. So many people are so interested in the games that I am always a bit astonished to find there are more people like us out there. Guess we just do not often announce we do not watch or pay attention to it. Is it something to be ashamed of?

Gerald and Leroy hung out in the morning while I went off to work for the day. They even went out for a little bit of shopping. They rode in Gerald’s car which is a new Mustang. Not surprising as he is partial to that brand. Gerald then went on to visit my brother.

Last night we went to an after Christmas “office” party for the church staff. Before Christmas does not fit well in the lives of church workers. Besides, it is still the Christmas season. I felt much more comfortable this year because I know some of the people a bit better and I had been there once so I knew what to expect. We exchange white elephant gifts, so I had some idea of what to bring. I am never sure what is appropriate. I must care too much about fitting in.

I was able to pass on things that I have moved a few times, but never used. We also gave back an obnoxious gift item we got last year. Leroy was especially pleased because he had some tea given to a non-tea drinker who was happy to pass it on. I got a candy cane and a rather attractive basket. Sometimes indeed one’s trash is another’s treasure.

Our tree and other items will be stored away on Wednesday which is the beginning of the Epiphany season. This year it seems to have come quickly. I am not as ready as some times to put things away.


Paula

No comments: