Monday, January 18, 2016

Leroy is well

Hello,

Leroy announced as soon as he knew I was awake, “I did not wake up once last night. I feel good.”

He did his exercises only to remind himself that he pulled a muscle in his back. When I asked if he was going to ride the bike to work, he simply rolled his eyes because it is once again a negative temperature reading. His cut off point is 19 degrees.

Because the high temperature is only supposed to be 9 degrees, I am thinking carefully about what I might have in the car just in case. When I come home after 8 pm on a very cold night, I notice that traffic is quite diminished so I like to be prepared for any eventuality.

I made granola this morning. It is so nice to make that in the winter time creating warmth and wonderful smells. I am so grateful for a warm, dry, comfortable place to live. I am rich indeed. Besides that I have stairs to climb everyday to give me a little exercise just by existing.

I have now read the second Harry Potter. I will go on to the third. It is not bad, but it still is not the genre I would choose first. I do miss reading a book that I just totally enjoy. I have to confess that from time to time I skip some words just to move that Potter along. I am not good reading about things that are not in my life or in the life of anyone else that I know. Not sure how Leroy manages, but he loves much of this type of reading material. Dragons, he says, “Bring them on.”

Me, I sigh and wonder who thinks of this stuff.

On another note, I remember going to the Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial in DC. I thought this quote of his is especially important. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”


Paula

No comments: