Sunday, January 10, 2016

Vagaries of Life

Hello,

Leroy has returned, or is in the process of returning, all of his Christmas presents but two. One keeper is a belt that fits him; the other is some trail mix. One was a cover for his tablet that did not fit. He now has a cover that fits. A cover that includes a keyboard. It was supposed to fit a different brand, but it works even if he did have to cut off a bit of it to get at one control. It was at good clearance price now. He still cannot figure out how to connect his tablet to the TV so he can use it as a remote. The device bought for that purpose did not do it. Because it was mail order, it has not yet been returned. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Yesterday I noticed a walnut growing in the Christmas cactus pot. Leroy needed to help me get that heavy plant off the file cabinet. Today when we finally got the job done this plant seems to have grown about two more inches. I suspect that is why I had so many broken branches before I brought this plant inside. My guess is that a squirrel planted it. I have the idea that the outdoors is good for the cactus, but obviously not all aspects.

Today when Leroy and I walked to church we bundled against the negative temperatures. It was above zero for the walk home, but it felt worse as the wind was much stronger. I am grateful for my down coat, leg warmers, and face protector. Leroy has a better face mask, but I do not see the ground so well if I take my glasses off. My breath does a great job of steaming glasses up if I have a snuggling face mask. Leroy walked to the nursing home this afternoon only to find that one solitary person came for the service. He said, “I think the staff, had not let people know about the service.”

He said he was ok on the walk as once again he was quite well wrapped so the wind did not get too close to his skin. He walked four miles today.

Here is a picture of that walnut tree. 



Paula

No comments: