Monday, January 11, 2016

Chopped Ice

Hello,

On Friday I chopped ice until my arms ached. That cleared out quite a space by the garage. When I had come home from shopping, pulled into the alley, drove through the puddle of icy water, the car hit bottom as it came off an ice pillar. Clark, my landlord was out chopping between the garages. I told him about that experience. He said he would go to the end of the alley and work. After storing the groceries, I went out and joined him. He had already taken off the offending tower. Between the two of us, mostly his work, we created a trough for the water to run off which it did some. We also removed quite a bit of ice. We could not get it all out, but improved the situation quite a lot. I continued chopping by the garage until I figured I had burned more calories than I would eat for lunch. Not that I count calories. But I was tired and very hungry.

The butter almond stolen package said that it could make nine servings with 310 calories. I thought that sounded like a lot, but Miriam tells me that they occasionally get a cheesecake slice that is over 2000 calories. I have a hard time knowing where that much energy must come from. She also tells me that they share it among the four of them. Sounds sensible.

The new book club at the library has, as the first selection, any book that has been made into a movie. Even though I had read one Harry Potter book years ago, I decided to try it again. I finished last night. It was ok, but still not my favorite type of book. It did have some points to make, but I would like to find these life supports in a different setting. I may still tackle the second book just so I can speak with my granddaughters about it. Leroy should not have all the fun there. Oh I must remember to bring home the movie so I can see that once again.


Paula

No comments: