Sunday, January 24, 2016

Walking to Church

Hello,

Leroy and I were pleased that the temperature was in the 20’s. So much more appealing to walk in that tropical air, however when I stepped on the back porch I thought my foot slid a bit. After checking out the situation we decided that we could walk with care. It was a just a thin, thin layer of ice, maybe just mist that had frozen. Leroy gallantly offered me his arm and I grabbed on. It makes it look as if he was holding me up, but who knows who was holding whom.

It was not long before we abandoned the sidewalk and walked on the street. I suspect even one car disturbed that ice enough to make it not exist. We crossed the main drag and kept to a little less traveled roads. My gloves were some new ones and they were too tight so my fingers were quite cold when we arrived at church. Someone commented that we looked colder than when it had been below zero. I think I did feel colder today. Feelings are all relative aren’t they? And many factors contribute.

Sarah tells me that she and Stephen also walked to church. I suspect their walk was much harder and more exciting with over 20 inches of snow on the ground. They already know they will not have school tomorrow as many places are not cleared.

Leroy is thinking about riding the bike to work tomorrow, but there is a prediction for some snow here so he is unsure about it. He does not want to fall. Sometimes there are patches of ice hidden under the snow.

I see a squirrel sitting very quietly in a tree with its tail wrapped over its head. Relaxing, I suppose?


Paula

No comments: