Saturday, January 23, 2016

No Snow

Hello,

Just a bit envious of daughter Sarah’s family in DC. I have been a lot of places where they have great snows that defy the odds, but not while I am there. It seems like fun to me if I were safe and not required to go somewhere. At seven this morning they had 16 inches. We are just having a rather ordinary day in Iowa. Nothing to brag about in any sense.

I told Leroy about a wallet that I had seen that he might be interested in. We went today and got that. Leroy is more of a shopper than I am. He found several other bargains. Not sure it is a good idea to take him with me. But these were all things we will use that is ok.

For rags, I tore up a sheet that had a hole in it. Now my rag pile to be washed was quite large. Rags are really a staple in my life. I am not sure how others manage without them. I did not put these in the dryer but hung them on my two clothes racks which were totally full. I am grateful that we relearned the art of drying clothes on racks while we were in Slovakia. I think it is much better for the environment. Also these new rags have lots of strings on them which could have clogged the lint filter.

Leroy is struggling to use his tablet to read eBooks. Finally today he went down to the library. They worked with him for an hour before they got it to a good place. Not sure why it is not just as easy as most people seem to find it to be. Maybe now all will be good.

We went to a faculty piano recital at the college close to us. It was quite good with four of them playing at the same time for two pieces. We will go again tonight for a student recital. Two of the people last night are the organist and choir director at our church. They are so talented.


Paula

No comments: