Thursday, February 4, 2016

In Minnesota

Hello,

We arrived safely and in a good time yesterday. Interesting how the snow patterns work. First there was less and less snow then as we continued north there was more and a bit more. It is obviously melting quite a bit here as it was at home.

Leroy got the car washed before we left home. There were two reasons for getting this done. Lery read that to keep a car for 200,000 miles it is good to get them washed frequently paying especial attention to getting the salt or other chemicals off the under carriage. There was a coupon in the paper for just such a wash so it was easier to justify.

The car looked good sitting in the garage, but as soon as we pulled out into the gentle rain it was apparent that the clean look was going to disappear. For many miles all sorts of stuff was flicked up onto the sides and underbody. Give Leroy, the non car washing guy an A for effort. As we drove north we were happy to drive out of the mist and come under clear skies.

Brian was out with the children at soccer practice. He could let us into the house remotely opening the garage door when we told him that we had arrived. Another new technology that I was unaware of. The possibilities just keep going on and on. How many treasures are there in my life? Things that I could do right now if I just knew about them.

We are now installed in Sophia's room for sleeping. I am sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Cloe came in and sleep on there at my feet for part of the night. I have never had a dog sleep on the same mattress. For the rest of the nights Cloe has checked out the mattress spot, stepped on my foot and parked herself beside me on the blanket that was on the floor. For the most part I have slept deeply and well. Once when I woke I was aware of Sophia laughing softly, moving causing the planets attached to her bed railing to jingle, Leroy snorting a little, Cloe whimpering and whole lot of breathing going on.

Paula

No comments: