Monday, February 22, 2016

Dirty Cars

Hello,

True to form we have not gotten the cars washed. There is quite a bit of dirt on them. I took a rag and wiped off the lights on my car hoping that others can see me even if the car is dirty and blends in with the ground. We had talked about keeping up with the washing detail, but at least for now that is not at the forefront of our minds. Yesterday on the walk to church we noticed the car wash in our area had almost 12 cars lined up. It was something to walk through the parking lot and see how the clear cars sparkled even with no sun shine. Maybe this week we can get the job done, but do not hold your breath. One noticeable negative about a dirty vehicle is that dirt/mud on the back of pant legs. I try so hard to remember not to let my leg touch the frame of the car, but sometimes forget. Can you just see me all decorated?

Leroy rode the bike today.  He put on his vest which is that neon green color. As I was talking to him before he left I noticed this double piece of fabric up near his heart. On checking I found it to be an inside pocket. Leroy did not know there was a pocket there. I also found two other mystery pockets lower in the usual place for a jacket. Is Leroy the image of an absent minded professor?

Soon one of the amaryllis bulbs that were my sister’s will bloom. In about two more weeks a second will bloom. The other two must be too small or did not have the right treatment for their life cycle even though I treated all alike.

I am soon to head off to work with a bare, interesting looking face. I have to stop thinking about myself. I will notice those around me and what I can do or say to give a positive impact in their lives. How is that for a goal?


Paula

No comments: