Sunday, February 21, 2016

Change does happen

Hello,

I have a no contract phone. My time was running out at the beginning of March. I put off attending to the process of getting more time because, in the past, it has been quite the ordeal. For some reason my account seems to be quite mixed with some phantom person. I waited until I was home for the day because I did not want to stop in the middle. In other years I have had to speak with a live person or two depending on the ability to solve whatever needed to be solved. This time I had a promotion number which had been sent to my message box. I was able to extend the time and buy minutes without speaking to a person except the automated voice who understood me as well as anyone I have dealt with. In just a matter of eight minutes I had accomplished my goal. I have extended the time for a year and I have more minutes than I will possibly use unless I get a smart phone and start using it for other tasks than just communicating. I almost jumped up and down when I was done. Here I had gathered strength and courage for a long convoluted conversation that did not happen. I even have printed off notes from my previous wrangles so I could back up any statements that I might need. That paper was unused, but it is back in the file for just in case I might need it next year.

My face feels quite dry and a burningly uncomfortable. It looks flaming red in places. I went to church without makeup, something I have not done in so long I think it might have been before I was married. No one died of shock at the sight. It is painful to remove the makeup so I just let it go, gave myself a talk about vanity, gathered up courage, and went out the door. No one gasped, but I saw some look and then look away. At the moment I am planning to go to work tomorrow and brave the same type of situation. Healing is coming in a week or two. Hopefully that is not too optimistic of an outlook. I wore my stocking cap because it was a bit cold and Leroy’s great sun shield hat over that. My hats do not have such a wide brim and I did not want to risk any more damage.


Paula

No comments: