Saturday, February 20, 2016

My face is blooming

Hello,

Today it is safe to say that the face cream is working as more red spots are appearing. I thought there were only one or two on my forehead, but Leroy tells me that is untrue. I finally read all of the directions. On those instructions it states to use sunscreen. The pharmacist suggested that I should wear a hat. Yesterday I did put on sunscreen since the sun was beautiful, but felt nervous because I had not read the full account. Today I was looking for some more clues about when to stop putting on the cream. I thought the verbal instructions were when it breaks out, but how do I know when it is enough? Again the pharmacist warned me not to use it longer than necessary. At the moment I have decided to use it yet today and tomorrow with a call to the doctor Monday morning. Part of the reason I did not read the full thing is that I did not want to know the side effects because that might influence me to think I had them. My face burns a little and is quite dry so I wondered; sure enough those are some side effects. No drug can be used without side effect.

Today the sun is again inviting, but I am simply staying indoors. I washed some rugs and had Leroy hang them out. Leroy is such a happy clam today because he has an entire day off from other work.

We did get a contract for long term care. This morning we spent some serious time discussing whether we should proceed with this contract. We have some time in which we can cancel without penalty. It is amazing how much we can vacillate on this decision. Neither of us is a big decision maker. Pride is in the picture a little bit because we both have been given the premium contract because we are in such good shape for our age. As one daughter said, “They are betting that you will not use it.” The future is not ours to see. Right now we are edging towards not getting it, but after more thought it could change.

My big Christmas cactus is struggling. I have had to throw away more chunks of it. I suspect that walnut damaged the soil make up. When the weather is better and my face it better I will repot it. It has not totally died and I am happy to see some new growth on a part of it. There is hope.


Paula

No comments: