Wednesday, February 17, 2016

That Leroy

Hello,

When Leroy got the flowers for me a balloon stuck to his back, rode out of the store, and floated off into the heavens. He was unaware of its attachment, but noted its leaving. He felt bad about that, however he just headed home carrying flowers and a little guilt. As time passed, the guilt or sense of responsibility grew until it colored much of his life. Finally two days later he went back to the establishment, spoke with the manager and was exonerated. They did not think it was a big deal and would not accept his offer of payment. His load has been lightened.

Leroy wondered about riding the bike to work today because the temperature was up, but he is concerned about thin layers of ice that might have formed overnight. He rode anyway. Because I have not heard a sound from him, it must have gone well. I am always happy when he can ride because it seems to improve his mood and stamina, health and well being.

Leroy bought a number of books at the library sale. I do not think he has read a single one. I keep bringing books from the library. Lately the library has been getting some SI-FI Fantasy type which Leroy might like. I check them out immediately so I do not forget what they are. It is not my genre, making it more difficult for me to remember them.  When we travel Leroy assumed he would take a used book freeing him from the responsibility of keeping track of a library book, however now that he has his own tablet he is getting eBooks and reading them. Meanwhile the used books are languishing on the shelf. A new sale is coming in May; do you think he will add to his collection so the current books can welcome new friends?


Paula

No comments: