Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Night lights

Hello,

In my house there is no need for a night light. Inside there are numerous lights that are on all night. The ones that come to mind are: clocks, two individual, plus one on the stove and one on the microwave. There is the phone which has a small red light on each unit. The main phone unit that brings in the signal from the internet has a blue glow that can be quite bright. I try to remember when I dust to leave it in the low light position. Swiping across it is how the intensity is changed. Our wireless router contributes to kitchen light with its two or three green lights. In the bathroom one toothbrush glows green when the brush is charged. The other turns off. I have a little glow in the dark snake snuggled next to a luminous rock sitting on a bookcase in the hall. Outside there are street lights, alley lights, motion lights on the back deck and porch, and sometimes a great full moon. We barely know what darkness is.
I am always surprised when my grandchildren want a night light. Even though I pull out that assistance, I wonder what they want it for.

Last Friday Leroy and I visited with the social security office so I am now going to get the spousal benefit of Leroy’s social security while he continues to earn. I will also earn, but it also does not matter. This seems to be the most advantageous move for us. It was good to have some expert help. I also got the feeling that this particular maneuver is not one that can be done without guidance. It was quite easy to get to the office since it is just across town. The appointment was met exactly on time so Leroy felt it was a good use of his time as well. It will be nice because my Medicare payments will come out of the check so I do not have to pay that on my own. Leroy, because he suspended his benefit will continue to pay his Medicare bill. I thought it would be nice if both could just come out of there, but it does not work that way.


Paula

No comments: