Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Gifts of the day

Hello,

In the morning, I got an email from a friend inviting me to adopt her rose poinsettia. I was excited to get that and it is indeed a beautiful plant. I will enjoy it. The problem is where it will reside, because after I brought it home Leroy started to get a full head, sneeze, and complain. We put it down on the back porch where I will see it every day and probably many times a day, but it does not seem as good as in the house. I’m guessing it would not do to put Leroy on the back porch where I would see him every day and probably many times a day. Unlike the plant I think he would not go for such an idea. Leroy’s head got better after the removal, but who ever hear of a poinsettia being a problem?

This friend also offered me some lilies. Even though I do not own this place I answered with confidence that I would take them. They look healthy and vigorous. Today I walked around the house with my landlord, another good friend, and talked about where to put them. I will get them in the ground and when his wife comes home, move them if necessary. Plants that come within my radar must be flexible if they want to survive.

As we were looking around the house I commented on the iris that is just about ready to bloom. I am so pleased with it because I found this half dead small stalk abandoned on the sidewalk, brought it home, and planted it. This is the second year and it had gown and will have ten to twenty flowers. What a great gift to me just for saving it.

Last night when I got home I could not get the key in the side garage door. Leroy put a new more secure lock on there because of his bike. I grumbled in my mind about this contraption, gathered up more things that I was bringing home and made a second trip back to the garage. When there I suddenly realized that I was using the wrong key. Sure enough the proper key slide right in and turned the mechanism. “Attitude, attitude, Paula,” I said to myself, “Step back and think a little answers are often right there where they should be.”


Paula

No comments: