Friday, May 8, 2015

Garden work

Hello,

I got tired from working in the community garden for an hour. Seems like a short time, but I was battling some tough weeds, mostly dandelions that had roots down to China. I managed to get much root out thanks to the recent rain and my digger. It is such a satisfying thing to look at the ground I covered and not see a weed because when I came it was hard to see the ground in some spots. Each earth worm delighted me and I greeted it with pleasure. There were many of them. They are working for us without complaining that I know about. I also came across a number of grub like looking things that I threw out as far as I could get them. If they are beneficial instead of harmful as I think, I apologize to the world.

Tomorrow a crew will work in the garden. I will not be there because one of my cousins died and his funeral is in the morning. Leroy will not come with me as he has the garden in the morning as well as a nursing home service in the afternoon.

It will be about a two hour trip for me. Now I am wondering how many of my cousins have already died. I also realize unless I am one of them, this will happen more and more as we age. This man was my oldest cousin. I know my father’s mother had 29 grandchildren so that is quite a few. Unfortunately I have not kept track of all of them. On my mother’s side there were six grandchildren and two of them have died. Life is always changing. I only had one living grandparent and that was my father’s mother. She lived a long life until 87, otherwise not so much longevity in the genes.


Paula 

No comments: